The Ponto 2.0 is an old friend in a fresh format. Completely revised, it becomes a true Ponton. It is the widest, most buoyant and incredibly stable packraft in the entire range of single packrafts. A whopping 136*42cm space inside suits fishermen, dog boaters, game haulers, bike rafters and all that need a little extra. Rugged and sturdy, this is the the Fatbike equivalent in the Packraft world.
The Ponto is the “freighter” of the backpacking boats, sort of a "heavy truck" for those who do not require serious white water performance. The high volume hull provides excellent buoyancy for heavy cargo.
The Ponto fulfils two roles:
- It is an extra-size (XXL) for paddlers, who are too tall or big for other singles or those who prefer a larger space for comfort, but prefer the agility and weight of a single!
- It is a special boat for high volume transportation: travel with a lot of gear, taking (young) children and other increased space requirements (e.g. when fishing or hunting). It also makes a good sailboat tender.
The Ponto enables relaxing floats on high mountain lakes and fjords, geocaching, fishing, hunting and river trekking or classic packrafting – combined trips on water and land. A fast and roomy craft with the most cargo capacity of our single-person boats, but still being moderatly whitewater worthy!
The Ponto is paddled kayak style and is inflated with a big nylon inflation bag which attaches to the boat via a screw-in valve. Scoop up air and push it into the boat. Then top-off to full pressure with the twist lock mouth valve.
Excursus: Open packrafts
There are good reasons to choose a boat without a spray deck. One of them is weight. A Spray Deck adds 600-700g and an open boat is less complicated to transport and get into. There are no loose parts such as the coaming and skirt, and in warmer climates without serious whitewater paddling deck-free provides a greater sense of freedom. Many packrafters are happy to avoid assembling a Spray Deck.
The Ponto is manufactured from same material and uses the same construction methods as other packrafts by MRS (like the Microraft or the Adventure X2 ) and so is no less robust. The Ponto is part of the MRS StreamlineSL
optimization. The excellent adhesive strength of the coating makes the Pono’s hull extremely durable. The smooth and shiny surface is very scratch resistant and easy to repair. The construction of the tubes and floor exceeds the strength of the fabric making the Ponto proportionally very tough for its weight, certainly a lot tougher than their weight and packed size would suggest. It require virtually no maintenance and we provide an extended warranty of three years.
The packraf has a preinstalled soft mount for a removable fin/skeg for better tracking and increased speed. A small fin (mini skeg) is included in the delivery. A larger, more effective fin (Anfibio Skeg) can be chosen optional or purchased later.
No inflatable is indestructible of course, but in the unlikely event of sustaining damage, repairs can be done in the field with Anfibio Life Patch
which bonds permanently to the urethane surface. Small pinholes can be sealed with Aquasure
, a liquid urethane sealant.
- Pack strap
- Inflation bag
- Comfort seat, backrest
- Repair kit (spare tube and floor material)
- Mini skeg
- Tubes: 210-denier high-strengt Nylon with single side Urethane coating (3,2mil 67T*55T 90 A Ether TPU) and smooth surface finish (gloss), weathering resistant and anti-hydrolysis
- Floor: 840-denier, high tear resistant Nylon fibre with multiple urethane coating (6mil 67T*55T 90 A Ether TPU) and surface finish, weathering resistant, anti-hydrolysis
- Sear: 210-denier weaved Nylon with 2,8mil single-sided urethane coating, weathering resistant, anti-hydrolysis
Parallel sided hull, flat bow, elongated stern, 2 stern grab loops, 4 bow grab loops, 3 inside grap loops, main dump valve, fin/skeg mount
The Ponto is part of the MRS StreamlineSL optimization.
Speed: 4,5 km/h
Thermowelded, sewn seams (tubes), glued floor with thermowelded tapes
Seat: 250g (removable)
Pack strap: 24g
Inflation bag: 195g
Repair Kit: 20g
- Length: 136cm
- Width: 42cm
- Length: 268cm
- Width: 102cm
- Waterline: 230cm
- Tube diameter: 30cm
Packing size: about 35cm x 20cm (similar to a one person tent)
Available colors: Forrest green
There are no reviews yet.