You're here: Main page- Packrafts- MRS packrafts
from 2.149,00 EUR
19 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs
Product no.: 1-MRS-WD-RDZ
Shipping time: End of march 2021
The Barracuda R2 Pro is a tandem packraft with performance hull design, made from tough fabric and fitted with combi seats (for kneeling or sitting) plus removable spraydeck for two. Internal Storage System (ISS) is included. The boat can be used as open and fully enclosed boat.
The development or evolution in packrafting calls the Barracuda R2 Pro a technically advanced travel boat, a performance packraft for two. The specs are similar to those of the Alligator 2S Pro. However, R2 stands likewise for Race or Recreation - just like your preference, to be used with your partner any case. Fast and dry, the Barracuda R2 Pro is a fully functional two-person packraft. The Barracuda R2 Pro is part of the MRS StreamlineSL optimization.
Kayak and canoe in one packraft
1. The way over three-metre Barracuda has a dynamic hull design. The pointed bow matches the elongated stern to create a long waterline with a well-balanced rocker, providing the greatest speed for the boat length. As a result the Barracuda remains stable and agile.
2. The snug kneeling position straddling the removable seats provides efficient canoe-style paddling with its superior visibility. Turning the seat 90° makes a comfortable cushion. Both paddlers will have a backrest. Especially taller people appreciate the 217cm long interior space for sitting.
3. The (removable) spraydeck puts the Barracuda in another league. As with the single Alligator 2S it is an effective solution to swamping in rough water or heavy rain. The spray deck features a cockpit which houses flexible poles that form the coaming rim. The paddler’s spray skirt is secured over the rim. Then, when needed, the seal is absolutely leak proof and secure, while opening reliably and effortlessly when you need to bail out fast.
However, the spraydeck can be completely removed thanks to the circumferential zipper. This means the boat can also be used as an open boat. The open configuration can be enjoyed in warm or cold conditions and saves 1.5kg in weight, which makes it especially interesting for backpacking.
4. The tube fabric features 420D Nylon with single side urethane coating with a higher degree of hardness. The floor features an Aramid fibre for exceptional tear resistance – partly cut fabric cannot be torn by hand. The excellent adhesive qualities of the PU coating makes the boat extremely durable, being light, UV-tolerant, non-ageing and flexible at low temperatures.
5. The packraf has a preinstalled soft mount for a removable fin/skeg for better tracking and increased speed. A small fin (mini skeg) is included in the delivery. A larger, more effective fin (Anfibio Skeg) can be chosen optional or purchased later.
6. Last but not least, the Internal Storage System (cargo zipper) comes standard with the Barracuda R2 Pro, making it a real freigther.ApplicationThe Barracuda R2 Pro is for teamwork. It excels on anything to achieve good performance by two:
The boat can be used on lakes, rivers, open whitewater and sheltered ocean bays alike, but mind good teamwork and reasonable action on moveing water. Airplanes, RVs, trains and busses make it a perfect travel boat.Please noteLike most packrafts, the Barracuda R2 Pro has a non-inflatable floor so when used in the kneeling position beyond deep, calm water we recommend wearing knee pads, like from skating or a foam floor mat. However, in seating position the plain floor is no harm (having a seat cushion).
For good and safe performance it is important to pay attention to the right air pressure (especially in cold water). Because of the dynamics in a double, low pressure can lead to distortions and bends of the hull, which can be critical especially on moving water.
In the unlikely event of sustaining damage, repairs can be done in the field with LifePatch, which bonds to the urethane surface extremely well. Small pinholes can be sealed with Stormsure, a liquid urethane sealant. Just any major damage, should they happen, can be repaired with spare fabric and contact glue at home or in our workshop.
Racy design with parallel sided hull, elongated/extended bow and stern (symmetric) and well-balanced rocker (slightly upturned, pointy bow and stern), slim body fit. Four stern grab loops, four bow grab loops, two long loops inside, Main, non-return (one way) valve, Ti-Zip Zipper, fin/skeg mount
The Barracuda R2 Pro is part of the MRS StreamlineSL optimization.
Speed: 7 km/h
Workmanship: Triple construction: sewn with high-tensile thread; heat-welded tubes; contact glued floor with taped edges. This creates a bond that‘s stronger than the hull fabric. Heat-welded and taped spray deck, special red seam tapes
Boat with cargo zip and deck: 5275gCombi seats: 2 x 240g Back rests: 300g + 120gSpray skirts: 2 x 330gCoaming: 2 x 160gRemovable spraydeck: 515g
Boat complete: 7670g
Pack strap: 24gInflation bag: 195g Repair Material: 20gISS Bags: 220g
Packing size: about 50 x 35cm
Color: black with read seams*verified
Review of Aleksi Kallio from Finland
Author: Ivan N. on 31/07/2020Evaluation:
The boat is excelent. We took it to Alaska, while originally planned three weeks trip (three days hiking, three days sea) in no man's land. Plans did turn as expected and apart of sea we used the boat even on unexplored rivers up to WW IV filled with 25kg cargo and two men. The rivers were full of wood, sometimes sharp, but the boat stood up without any damage. Unfortunatelly, the backpack with the boat was stolen on the way back by airlines (or airport) personnel. We liked it so much that we are buying second same boat for our next year trip to Kamtchatka. Anfibio Packrafting store also worked well when we first bought it and advised on potential repairs though they were fortunatelly not needed.
Please make a selection to continue.